Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default OT Semi Truck parking

On Oct 2, 4:06*pm, Ignoramus23561 ignoramus23...@NOSPAM.
23561.invalid wrote:
The building that I own since last Thursday, has a huge front parking
lot that is 133 feet deep and is rather wide also. I have no use for
it.

I am thinking of allowing semi trucks to park there, to make
money. There is one semi trailer parked on my property right now -- I
have no idea whose semi trailer it is and will sort it out -- so it
seems to be legal.

Depending on how much area I give to each semi truck, there is room
for, perhaps, 11-12 "big rigs" to be parked in front only, and for
some in the back. They would have plenty of room to easily get in and
out, through my property.

The past owner could not do it, because his employees needed to park
their cars, but for me this is not the case.

So my question, first, is, would parking this many semis raise
any concerns for an industrial zoned land?

My second question is, how can I find this out for sure, should I just
talk to the village or ask some local attorney? The village, so far,
seems nice and accommodating. My bilding is 500 feet from the village
hall, as it happens.

In addition, there are no banks and loan covenants in the picture.

Any comments?

The vacant lot across the street was rented to a road resurfacing
company that worked in the area for a year or so. Now it's rented to a
limo/tour bus company. Gravel surface so doesn't have some of the
problems mentioned. No shack or anything. The drive their car in and
the lemo out and lock the gate. It sound like renting to one company
could prevent some of the problems mentioned.
Karl