Posted to sci.electronics.repair
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Any opinions, experiences with Best Buy store brand Dynex HDTV's?

On Oct 2, 8:17*pm, John-Del wrote:

Is there a particular brand you regard as being as close to
bulletproof as you're going to get with an HDTV?

Thanks for any input.

Does it matter? *

In this case, yes. I'm looking for information, insight from direct
experience dealing with this specific brand. Also, in case it wasn't
clear, when I ask if there's a particular brand that you regard as
being more bulletproof than others, I wasn't restricting that part of
the question to price.

Do you really expect it to work more than a couple of
years at that price point? *How long do cheap shoes, cheap tools,
cheap tires last? *

Not sure what a realistic expectation is. That's why I'm asking in a
forum where people deal with electronics. Sometimes "cheap" can last
remarkably long. I have a cheap Emerson CRT tv I got from WalMart
that's over 10 years old and still going strong. I have a cheap Mag
CRT monitor I got from Best Buy that's about as old that I only
replaced because I wanted a 16:9 monitor. In my experience cheap tires
seem to last about as long as the pricey brands. Aren't the ultra-
expensive tires on certain cars like Corvettes notorious for not
having a long lifespan?

I recognize you from rec.audio pro - I'm sure you're aware people get
great performance from inexpensive mics all the time.

Hoping to get input based on specific experience with the particular
brand.