Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

Tony Miklos wrote the following:
On 9/30/2011 12:18 PM, Red Green wrote:
BoA heads up a cast of characters.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bank-o...25092.html?x=0

Picture Summary: http://oi54.tinypic.com/vx1amv.jpg

I don't understand why anyone would stay with a debit card unless their
credit rating is so bad they can't get a credit card.

It's convenient. I make a purchase with my bank debit card at most
stores and by the time I get back home and check my bank account online,
the purchase is recorded and the $$ deducted from my account.
I don't have to go to the credit card site and make a payment from my
checking account to the credit card account.
I have 4 credit cards. I don't routinely carry them.

I use credit cards (3) which one depends on where and what I'm buying. I
pay no monthly fees, no interest, and actually I get between 1 and 5%
back. Why pay them when they offer to pay me?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY