skeezics

Default Bench vise

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:42:36 GMT, "Henry Bibb"
wrote:

"skeezics" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:24:56 GMT, "Henry Bibb"
wrote:

"Eric Lund" wrote in message
. com...

I played with one of these at our local Woodcraft. I don't think they
come
in a real large size like the Record 53, but for the size they are the
smoothest operating vise I've played with. Especially the quick

release.
Much easier to use than my Record 53.

I played with this one at Woodcraft too, but liked this Wilton better.
Maybe it's just how they were set up, but the Wilton was silky-smooth
to use. 'Course, it ain't cheap, but I figgure I'm not buying a

trainload
of 'em. http://tinyurl.com/2r9fd

that same wilton can be had at lowes for 99 dollars.

skeez

Kewl. I hadn't noticed that..

they do not have em set up on display but most lowes stores have a
couple in boxes under the display of the other vises. the threaded
rods on these vises are inside steel channel so they get very little
dust on the mechanism. skeez