Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finally got it done

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 04:08:24 -0700 (PDT), jtpr wrote:

Those flecks are actually ground up sea shells. I went with concrete because it was the only thing I could get 2" thick without spending silly money. I just felt that the style of the carcass needed something thick on top. Anyway, that was more the brides decision then mine (as most things are).

I looks really nice, as is. I'd probably have done butcher block (though
1-3/4" is likely all I could get). Like you, my wife makes the decisions, but
only off a list of possibilities. Sometimes the list is short. ;-)