Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default Value of a 120mm artillery shell (no projectile)

Ignoramus4271 wrote:
While sorting through a $5 auction junk lot today, I found an artillery
shell casing. I had no time to measure it, but it looks like it is
from a 120mm or 152mm shell or something like that. The casing, of
course, is spent.

My first question is, is it legal, but I assume it is.

My second question is, does it have any value at all. I looked on ebay
and have not found much.

You could try mgetting it and turning it into a vase or lamp.

I've had this piece of "Trench Art" from WW1 sitting in our kitchen for
so long I forgot where and when I bought it.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/P...Trench_Art.jpg

But this guy's got so much of it its a wonder his place doesn't break
through the crust of the earth and sink into the magma below. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)