Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Working with Silver

"Tom Gardner" mars@tacks wrote in message
On 10/1/2011 11:08 PM, azotic wrote:
//
Silver at $30 a troy ounce, them be some pricey projectiles. A graphite
mold made on a cnc mill would work just fine. Cast all 20 in one pour.
Don't forget to adjust the propellant for the heavier projectile.

Best Regards
Tom.

Silver's lighter than lead, I'll do the math to match pressure and
velocity using the lighter slugs. I like your mold idea but I'll need
provisions for some lube I think. Silver's a lot harder than lead,
especially if I use Sterling, mayme I won't need lube...hmmmm.

It's only about 8% lighter than pure lead. Less depending on the alloys on
the lead
Paul K. Dickman