Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Working with Silver

Tom Gardner wrote:

I have a request for 20 Silver bullets in .45 caliber. I don't think I
can or should cast them directly in my Aluminum molds. So, I thought of
doing them with the lost wax method. I can cast the wax in my molds but
what to use as a mold release? I do have a graphite spray mold release
to try. I do have some casting wax left over from my Silversmith days.
Unfortunately, I do not have a centrifugal casting machine so I'll try
the wet rag method. Any better ideas? I did quote $30 each so it's
worth the trouble. I should get better than two bullets to the ounce of
silver. I do have a couple of pounds of fine and a couple pounds of
Sterling. I wonder which I should use? I don't know if it makes a
difference to Werewolves, does it?

I thought they got rid of all the Werewolves in Cleveland a couple
years ago. Except for that cross dressing one who ran for office in
West Cleveland, that is.