Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Adhesive Recommendation please.

On Sep 30, 10:57*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I haven't had good luck with brass, either. One of my wooden planes
had a brass sole epoxied to it. After a year in my shop, which is air
conditioned and heated, it fell off. That could have been the bubinga,
an oily wood, but I think it was the expansion differential between
the metal and wood.

I have not met anyone who can explain this, vendors, manufacturers,
other enthusiasts.

Try searching on adhesives for Copper. I vaguely remember something
like copper inhibits the usual catalysts used with epoxy. Anyway you
can buy epoxy for use with copper pipes and fittings at the Home Depot
or Lowes.

Dan