Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Value of a 120mm artillery shell (no projectile)

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 21:07:33 -0500, Ignoramus4271
wrote:

While sorting through a $5 auction junk lot today, I found an artillery
shell casing. I had no time to measure it, but it looks like it is
from a 120mm or 152mm shell or something like that. The casing, of
course, is spent.

My first question is, is it legal, but I assume it is.

My second question is, does it have any value at all. I looked on ebay
and have not found much.

Very legal. Not worth much except to an old fart collector. Put it on a
lathe and polish it up and stick a long stemmed rose in it.

Put it on your desk.

Gunner

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)