Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compressor to be installed

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:39:48 -0500, Ignoramus4271

On 2011-10-01, Steve W. wrote:
azotic wrote:
If you are going to be spray painting things you refurbish you want dry
air going to your spray gun.

That is an understatement. You want dry air for anything in the shop.
Air tools don't like water any more than paint guns.
I like to make sure I have different colored hose whips as well. I use
blue for dry air and red for air that passes through an oiler.
The blue lines are usually stored in a cabinet with the spray gear. That
way they don't collect crud that could cause problems while spraying.

By the way, this place is completely plumbed for compressed air. It
also has an awesome electrical distribution, 230/3phase available
everywhere, same for 125v, etc.

Pull all the quick disconnects, install plugs, fire up the compressor
and charge system to 150psi Minimum. Turn off compressor and see how
fast it bleeds off, then start looking for leaks.

A leaking air system will eat your ass with power bills.

Gunner

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)