Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Any Suggestions of How to Filter RCM??

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
On 9/30/2011 8:55 PM, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.crafts.metalworking,
Question for RCM wrote:
This used to be such a great newsgroup. Returning after a few years, I
see mostly politics and nonsense. Other than blocking the original
posters (who change their email address often), anyone know how to
filter out the goofy stuff?

I almost never block on sender. Usually too unreliable.

That's just silly. Unreliable? You've got to be kidding. Not for this group.

100% of posts by "Hawke" and "Too_Many_Tools" are off-topic.
So are the vast majority of posts by Ed Huntress and Gunner Asch.

Blocking those four senders eliminates nearly all of the crap. You may
lose a little bit of relevant metal content by blocking Ed and Gunner,
but if it's worthwhile, somebody else will quote it and you'll see it then.

Instead of blocking a sender I've found that flagging messages from a sender
as "read" and "ignore/hide" not only keeps those messages from my screen
but all the replies too.
Art