Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Upside - down saber saw?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 22:14:37 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

We're on 2 different frequencies.

Roger that.

(...)

So build a table for your recip saw, put a 12" blade on 'er, and run a
wire up to hold the blade erect and reduce or eliminate waves.
End Erectile Dysfunction Now with new VIAGWIRE!

That'd just shift the resonant point.
It'd be more effective to just put a transmission on
my existing band saw. ('There an echo in here?)

Higher resonant freq, much lower wave intensity, and compliant
behavior, I'd wager.

I see that in the larger versions of that mechanical
metaphor, that the blade tension is set by a frame
and the sawing motion is coupled to that frame
from the chassis of the saw. The traditional jigsaw
combines blade clamping with motion coupling.
I think I would require much higher blade tension
than could be reasonably provided by an overhead
spring mechanism, ala traditional jigsaw, given the
cost in terms of sawing power.

(...)

(Bladocide)

Splain? Not googlable.

Causing the death of a perfectly innocent saw
blade by mis-application. Most often by greatly
exceeding the SPFM for a particular workpiece.

(...)

I disliked working with criminals but
they gave me a desk on the top floor
of the headquarters building and paid
overtime!

Yeah, it sounds good until you realize where it could lead you.

By then it is much too late!

That doesn't bother me nearly as much as the
pain suffered by the other hard-working, dedicated
folks who have been or are going to get pushed
through the same meat grinder.

WooHoo!

Where the hell did that yell come from? I'm hearing it from everyone
and their brother nowadays. What farking commercial?sigh

Humorous exclamation of clueless delight popularized
by cartoon character Homer Simpson.
This utterance entered the popular lexicon starting in
December 17, 1989 at 4:35 PM PST and fell out of favor
by that Tuesday the 19th, shortly before noon.

The expression continued to be used well into the 21st
century by a collection of balding, badly aging, ignorant,
fat white guys that are sure they don't look exactly like
Mssr. Simpson.

(...)

You asked 'when'.
You got 'when' and a novel.
A bargain for sure.

Yes, considerably more than I paid for.

YOUNG DOCTOR FRANKENSTIEN: "That goes without saying."

(...)

So invent something siliconny, then use your newfound fortune on a
bandsaur.

What's that, an old groupie?

Eh? Speak up, sonny. I can't hear you.

Whoa. Slipped off the frequency again!