Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Packard Bell computer driving me crazy!!!! Help!

John Rumm wrote:
On 30/09/2011 20:57, Andy Champ wrote:
On 30/09/2011 08:53, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
from the FAQ:

"DIY stands for Do It Yourself, Plumbing, wiring, building, decorating,
furniture making, and in fact anything and everything to do with
maintaining, running, and improving your home, from putting up shelves
to building a house."

That excludes Matty's fascinating posts about the inside of trams. And
wood splitting. And chainsaws. And bikes. Personally I do do my own
computers, so they're no further OT than many topics we have.

Nothing there about fixing computers, and there are other, more
suitable, more targeted, groups where the OP would receive excellent
advice.

That however may well be true.

I don't know, I can't imaging a house without a computer these days,
or for that matter building one without the aid of a computer. So its
as much a valid tool as a screwdriver!

All my design work is done on one now.

apart from rough sketches on A4 scrap, I get a computer model going ASAP
so I can see how it will look in 3D....

Yup, same here for any furniture projects (bar the simplest) generally.

--
Cheers,

John.