Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Why do I keep expecting the borgs to satisfy me?

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Sep 30, 9:37*pm, "benick" wrote:
wrote in message

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:12:34 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Except that lot's of "professionals" shop at the borgs, perhaps out
of convenience. Are all of those pickup trucks and trailers with
signs on the side in the HD parking lot just "handymen" and
homeowners?

Nope, *quite a few are small tradesmen, a couple might be small
g.c.'s, * *Borgs locate near homes. * Tradesmen work on homes.
Tradesmen often need a couple of connectors, or a vent cover, or a
box of sandpaper. *Borgs are convenient for that.

. However, just like the electrical parts
counter, none of these locations are very convenient to get to when
I need one or two of this or that.

The buildiing suppliers locate in industrial areas where land is a
little cheaper. * *They seldom have more than a couple of pickups i

their parking lot. * Builders phone, fax or email their orders in,
the supplier delivers on site, *the builder cuts a cheque every
month

.

I'm *probably fairly typical, *My spending at Borgs *amounts *t

something like six or seven percent of my spending on materials and
supplies.

Ken

EXACTLY..Both have their place...Home Depot has saved my butt more
than o

nce
on the weekend or evening but I get "special" stuff like my new
windows a

the the window and door place in the industrial park...As to your
comment about why you keep going to the so called borg , which you
seem to have s

uch
disdain for , and expecting to have your hand held and finding stuff
only pros usually need..The following quote comes to mind...The
defination of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting a different result each time....LOL...Or it could just be
time for the monthly bash b

ig
boxes thread...LOL...

Where did I say I expected to have my hand held at the borg? Was it
just because I *asked* if they carried anything like the in-wall box I
wanted?

Hey, this is the Internet. Responses don't have to relate to the original
post :-)

When I want my hand held, I go to the supply houses where they not
only carry what I need but often offer suggestions to make the project
easier.