Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Why do I keep expecting the borgs to satisfy me?

On Sep 30, 6:21*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:12:34 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:

Except that lot's of "professionals" shop at the borgs, perhaps out of
convenience. Are all of those pickup trucks and trailers with signs on
the side in the HD parking lot just "handymen" and homeowners?

Nope, *quite a few are small tradesmen, a couple might be small
g.c.'s, * *Borgs locate near homes. * Tradesmen work on homes.
Tradesmen often need a couple of connectors, or a vent cover, or a
box of sandpaper. *Borgs are convenient for that.

It was a rhetorical question in response to "The "borg" supplies crap
to homeowners and "handymen" who
aren't professional builders... "

. However, just like the electrical parts
counter, none of these locations are very convenient to get to when I
need one or two of this or that.

The buildiing suppliers locate in industrial areas where land is a
little cheaper. * *They seldom have more than a couple of pickups in
their parking lot. * Builders phone, fax or email their orders in,
the supplier delivers on site, *the builder cuts a cheque every month.

Not in all cases. My favorite plumbing supply and my favorite
electrical supply counters are in the back of design centers in high
end shopping plazas. Always lots of pick-up and panel trucks parked
out back and lot's of contractors inside. Both supply houses have rear
lots and entrances so the counter-customers don't have to walk through
the design centers.

I'm *probably fairly typical, *My spending at Borgs *amounts *to
something like six or seven percent of my spending on materials and
supplies.

Ken