Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Value of a 120mm artillery shell (no projectile)

On 2011-10-01, Ignoramus4271 wrote:
While sorting through a $5 auction junk lot today, I found an artillery
shell casing. I had no time to measure it, but it looks like it is
from a 120mm or 152mm shell or something like that. The casing, of
course, is spent.

My first question is, is it legal, but I assume it is.

It certainly should be.

My second question is, does it have any value at all. I looked on ebay
and have not found much.

Pour a couple of inches of lead into the bottom, perhaps put a
soft rim on the edge of the case, and use it for an umbrella/walking
stick stand by the front door. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564