Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any Suggestions of How to Filter RCM??

On 2011-10-01, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.crafts.metalworking,
Question for RCM Folks wrote:
This used to be such a great newsgroup. Returning after a few years, I
see mostly politics and nonsense. Other than blocking the original
posters (who change their email address often), anyone know how to
filter out the goofy stuff?

I almost never block on sender. Usually too unreliable.

The last statistics report is disgraceful....

Rule I: Kill anything with "14th Amendment" in the subject.

Maybe anything with "Amendment". I can see some metal content in
"2nd Amendment" stuff, but maybe not enough.

Rule II: Kill anything with "Tea Party" in the subject.
Rule III: Kill anything with a subject that starts "OT" or " OT".

Hmm ... duplicate rule number.
Rule IV: Kill anything with "Red State" or "Blue State" in the subject.
Rule IV: Kill anything with "president" in the subject.

Rule V: Kill anything with "Obama" in the subject.
Rule VI: Kill anything with "IHOP" in the subject.
Rule VII: Kill anything with "Al Gore" in the subject.

8. Super-racist obama creates new agency - Office of Diversi 118 360457

Rule V: Kill anything with "Obama" in the subject.

How about "racist" in the subject?

Rule VIII: Kill anything with "gun crime" in the subject.
Rule IX: Kill anything with "George Bush" in the subject.
Rule X: Kill anything with "birth certificate" in the subject.

[ ... ]

There, ten rules to cover those and many other off-topic posts.

My own rules also include eight mo

Kill anything with "Sarah Palin" in the subject.
Kill anything with "Ron Paul" in the subject.
Kill anything with "Social Security" in the subject.
Kill anything with "Traffic Stop" in the subject.
Kill anything with "holocaust" in the subject.
Kill anything with "neocon" in the subject.
Kill anything with "Whitehouse" in the subject.
Kill anything with "75th Rangers" in the subject.

How about adding "*winger" (or if necessary "Right-winger" and
"Left-winger" to the list?

Elijah
------
use trn, so does not expect his KILL file to be directly useful to most

Why I did not post my slrn scorefile. Besides -- it is rather
large.

Hmm ... has anyone ported trn to Windows? (Perhaps on top of
Cygwin.)

O.K. A quick Google shows that there is another (unrelated)
program for Windows called TRN. :-(

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564