Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus4271 Ignoramus4271 is offline

Default Value of a 120mm artillery shell (no projectile)

On 2011-10-01, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus4271" wrote in message
While sorting through a $5 auction junk lot today, I found an artillery
shell casing. I had no time to measure it, but it looks like it is
from a 120mm or 152mm shell or something like that. The casing, of
course, is spent.

My first question is, is it legal, but I assume it is.

My second question is, does it have any value at all. I looked on ebay
and have not found much.

I found a tank shell from when Patton trained around Searchlight, NV. The
shell was the size of a one pound coffee can, just stubby, not the long
ones. I had it a long while, and it went away one day. I'd say brass wise,
it might be worth up to $5, and for a lamp, or a collector, or idiot, $10.

I see. This one, is about 2 feet long, steel, tapered and necked.