Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

On Sep 30, 2:50*pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
On 09/30/11 02:22 pm, Ron wrote:

. ..

BoA heads up a cast of characters.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bank-o...-5-apf-1381425

Picture Summary:http://oi54.tinypic.com/vx1amv.jpg

If my bank tries it, you can count me amongst the following:

This summer, an Associated Press-GfK poll found that two-thirds of
consum
ers
use debit cards more frequently than credit cards. But when asked how
the
would react if they were charged a $3 monthly debit card fee, 61
percent said they'd find another way to pay.

With a $5 fee, 66 percent said they would change their payment
method.

Yeah, let the assholes have to deal with a ****load of paper checks
again. What a crock!

...and you think per check fees will not become more rampant?!

Some banks/CU have a per check fee over a certain amount of checks per
month. Nothing prevents the "certain amount of checks" to be zero.

I can't even remember the last time I had check fees. I'm now with
Wells Fargo, formally Wachovia, formally First Union.

Our church is urging members to make contributions by EFT because
there's a per-check charge above 100 a month.

And the alternative some bank customers are talking about is credit unions.

Perce

Fortunately, I'm a USAA member, so if Wells Fargo tries to pull any of
that crap, I'll just take out all of my money and do my banking with
them.

USAA doesn't play those stupid games.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/bank_main