Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default Compressor to be installed

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:56:46 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Okay... I have to ask... What's with the stainless steel exhaust
flex pipe and natural gas-type couplings going to the reservoir tank?

That's not exhaust pipe, it's high pressure flex hose, wire-reinforced.

One wants not to "hard couple" something that vibrates to hard piping.

That's the proper way to do it.

LLoyd

Understood. I guess even with my pneumatic drills, we don't use enough air
to justify such a large hose. We use up to 1/2" ID plastic tube for that
purpose with simple quick disconnects.

I found out the hard way you can't use a Cleco brass quick connect
directly on a 90 gun. Has to have a steel fitting with a direct
coupled hose for the first few feet, then the cleco. I was chipping
acid brick out of a 3' dia. carbon tet tower laying on its side. No
place to be when the air hose lets go. For that matter, no place to
be anyway. The things we used to do to re-use equipment in R&D.

Pete Keillor