Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

On 09/30/11 02:22 pm, Ron wrote:

BoA heads up a cast of characters.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bank-o...-5-apf-1381425

Picture Summary:http://oi54.tinypic.com/vx1amv.jpg

If my bank tries it, you can count me amongst the following:

This summer, an Associated Press-GfK poll found that two-thirds of
consum
ers
use debit cards more frequently than credit cards. But when asked how
the
would react if they were charged a $3 monthly debit card fee, 61
percent said they'd find another way to pay.

With a $5 fee, 66 percent said they would change their payment
method.

Yeah, let the assholes have to deal with a ****load of paper checks
again. What a crock!

...and you think per check fees will not become more rampant?!

Some banks/CU have a per check fee over a certain amount of checks per
month. Nothing prevents the "certain amount of checks" to be zero.

I can't even remember the last time I had check fees. I'm now with
Wells Fargo, formally Wachovia, formally First Union.

Our church is urging members to make contributions by EFT because
there's a per-check charge above 100 a month.

And the alternative some bank customers are talking about is credit unions.

Perce