Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_3_] Doug Miller[_3_] is offline

Default Cutting down a solid-core door

On 9/30/2011 12:29 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 9/28/2011 10:37 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Brakleen works great on carbs, too, both for starting and cleaning the
exterior, if you're unlucky enough to still be stuck with one.

I don't particularly like breathing all those VOCs, and you have to
use a bit of caution with any flame near its use, and you don't want
to spray/drip onto any painted surfaces with it. I only use it
outside on windy days.g

a: brakleen is not flammable

It most certainly is.
http://www.crcind.com/wwwcrc/msds/AB11261-3.htm
2. Hazard Identification
Health and Safety: Extremely flammable
5. Fire-fighting Measures
Flash point: 0 deg C

b: brakleen will not hurt paint. we use it all the time to remove tar

It most certainly will. Refer to the MSDS: it's 5 to 10% acetone. You
won't see the damage to the paint until you use it the second or third
time in the same spot, after the acetone has removed the clear coat.

c: brakleen will not clean the junk off a carb that needs to come off.

That's probably true.