Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Depleted uranium is destroying life

Bill on Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:14:02 -0700

a long time ago, a major commercial transport airplane then in
production used depleted uranium counterweights - we kept the test
article in a paint can - there is some issue with the dust from those
shells, I believe the metallic dust is toxic, however the article is
about 98.974% nonsense, I agree.

The dust is toxic - heavy metal poisoning kind of toxic.

But alpha emitters that get "stuck" in the body, either by
inhaling or ingesting the dust, are a cause for concern.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the