Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Toyota forklift with 14k hours

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Ignoramus8377 wrote:
Someone is trying to sell me a Toyota forklift with 14,000 hours. It
does look much better than 14,000 hours and starts fine etc. Still, I
am concerned that it is a lot of hours. How good are those Toyotas and
is it asking for trouble to get a forklift with that many hours?

A 737 with 14,000 hours would just be approaching
middle age. My point being that maintenance is
everything.

We used the Toyota 3500# a LOT in the Las Vegas convention business. I
enjoyed operating them. We had a team of professional mechanics, as they
were all leased. I don't recall ever looking at an hour meter. Just turn
on the gas and go. If it is in good shape, it should last a lot longer with
the infrequent use you will probably give it. Those others were run 16
hours a day, and RUN HARD!

If you've ever been to a major convention in Las Vegas, you know what I'm
talking about. We called it "controlled chaos." It was actually an
intricate finely choreographed ballet. And only the best survived.

Steve