Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Rain protection for security cameras?

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:17:31 +0100, "BluntChisel"
wrote:

"JakeD" wrote in message
.. .
I'm installing a number of security cameras on the external walls of my
house. I am interested in also installing some sort of rain protection for
same. The first thing that sprang to mind was to use inverted quarter-
sphere uplighter housings. However, buying the housing alone without the
light-holder and other gubbins is not easy, and paying out for the full
enchilada can be pricey - when you want six! Can anyone suggest anything
else?

JakeD

As others have said, purpose-designed outdoor cameras are the easiest and
most maintenance-free solution, but they can be expensive compared with
indoor cameras.

How about bird-boxes, with the camera looking through the hole?

Not too kind to birds who might want to use the box though...

--
Frank Erskine