Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Michael Alex Michael is offline

Default What type of screw?

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:22:39 -0400, Alex Michael
wrote:

Can somebody tell me what this type of screw is called? It came from
a Hard Drive caddie.The screw fits into a slot so the Hard Disk doesn't
move around,that is why the thread don't go all the way.Thanx

http://www.imagebam.com/image/73aa09151484111

Looks like a "Dell" part.

Look for a PC screw assortment from one of the hardware outfits. They
will usually sell you a bag of screws for a few bucks with a bunch of
each type you find in PCs. That one is a 6-32 shoulder screw.
The finer thread ones like you see in diskette drives and CDROMs are
commie metric.
If you only need a couple I can mail you some.

Yes it is from a Dell Optiplex745,I checked the Dell site first before
I posted this message no luck. Last night I went back to work on the
computer and surprize,they have four of those screws on the dummy cover
for the disket drive,Thanks for your offer now I have enough screws.One
more thing,I know it is a 6-32 thread,but what are the correct
measurements?