Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Range Levitation

On Sep 28, 10:02*pm, Winston wrote:
Tomorrow afternoon, I will receive a kitchen range
to replace the stunningly awful one I bought previously.

In order to lift the old unit out and ease the new one
in, I put a wheelbarrow inner tube on the deck of my
little flat cart. *A piece of plywood forms the top
of this neoprene sandwich. *I removed the pan drawer
on the bottom of the range and insert the cart
underneath the range.
On inflation of the tube, the range floats up!

I tested it this afternoon and it lifted the old range
easily, allowing me to slide it out of it's niche in
the counter. *As you can imagine, the rig is not
overly stable and does require steadying.
That is a small price to pay, considering that the
lifting itself is as easy as pie.

--Winston *-- Next, a bunch of inner tubes to
* * * * * * * * float my car in the air so I can
* * * * * * * * service the tires easily! *

As a makeshift, it works. HF has a couple models of very nice
hydraulic tables, I've used one for several years to do the same sorts
of thing and it's a little more stable. Very handy for loading and
unloading my utility trailer.

Stan