Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting down a solid-core door

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 05:58:10 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Sep 28, 11:39*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/28/11 10:20 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

On 9/28/2011 3:09 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/28/11 2:51 PM, Father Haskell wrote:
Set the blade to full depth. Runs cooler with less strain
on the motor.

How is that?

less cut being made at a time.

if you have the blade just *barely* through a inch and a half piece,
then you have almost four inches of cut being made. if you have it at
full depth, you are almost straight up and down with the cut and only
making 1- 1/2" at at time.

Like I've been saying, if you have to worry about heat or bogging down,
you need a new saw and/or blade.
There are other, better, reasons to keep the saw blade up.

My saw has a variable mootness adjustment.

AND a built-in guide.

LJ--I'm gettin' itchier.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson