Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting down a solid-core door

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 07:27:26 -0400, Greg Guarino
wrote:

On 9/29/2011 3:03 AM, Morgans wrote:
"Greg Guarino" wrote in message ...

On 9/28/2011 6:33 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Use a guide rail for the cut.

Always.
Not necessary, if you have good circular saw skills.

Exactly why I use the guide rail.

But seriously, I've got an aluminum guide for just that purpose which
doesn't weigh any more than the straight edge a better craftsman would
need to make the pencil line. Two spring clamps and voila, perfect cut.

I've seen doors cut freehand and know better than to ever try it
(again) myself. DAMHIKT, but the others I've seen were much worse.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson