Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Headley Dave Headley is offline

Default Packard Bell computer driving me crazy!!!! Help!

In article , lid says...

On 28/09/11 22:24, Dave Headley wrote:

So, where do I go from here? Is the diagnostic software accurate or
could there still be problems with mobo/CPU? What can I do now? Please
help before I tear all my hair out :-)

If it's Windows it may be refusing to boot on what it considers a new
machine. Do you get as far as a blue screen with the system
restore/reinstall from backup option.

No, it doesn't get that far.

Try testing with a Linux live CD
(eg Ubuntu) if that works then blame windows not the hardware.

Tried but it doesn't work. Just going to try a different Linux LiveCD
because someone said that not all of them work with all machines.