Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Packard Bell computer driving me crazy!!!! Help!

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 04:47:05 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

En el artículo , Dave
Headley escribió:

I know this is OT for the DIYers but there's some brilliant computer
gurus in there a

There's plenty of on-topic groups with "brilliant computer gurus" out
there if you could be arsed to find them, it's only like a couple of
mouse clicks.

Right. But this is a DIY ng and fixing a computer is DIY.

Right, a friend rang me to say that there had been a burning smell from
the computer (Packard Bell iMedia X2416 running Windows Vista)

If it's a Bestec PSU, it's a well known fault. The -5v line goes way
overvoltage and destroys the motherboard. Had you bothered to google,
you would have discovered this for yourself before putting the PSU in
your own computer.

Finally, there's no point whinging about BSODs without giving the STOP
errors that accompany them. The number following the STOP is needed for
any meaningful diagnosis.

The error messages don't always help either.
--
(\__/) M.