Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting down a solid-core door

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:25:56 +0000 (UTC), (Edward A.
Falk) wrote:

In article , dpb wrote:

I'd venture the brushes failing at that time had nothing in common w/
the fact that it was the door(s) being cut; it was just there time in
all likelihood.

I'm inclined to agree. I don't see how overloading a motor would cause
the brushes to fail, unless perhaps due to a heavier-than-normal arc
causing excess erosion. I'd think that overloading the motor would be
more likely to burn out windings.

Besides, if the brushes failed, aren't they easily replaceable?

If the brushes get hot enough the brush springs loose tension - then
the brushes arc - which makes them run hotter - and the cycle repeats
itself.