Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default wood splitting

On Sep 28, 9:12 am, geraldthehamster wrote:
On Sep 27, 2:26 pm, "george [dicegeorge]"
wrote:

wood splitting with an axe can take out your eye,
are either of these 2 products worth having?

http://www.logmatic.co.uk/products.htm
Logmatic 250: £65.00

http://www.tooled-up.com/Smart.aspx?source=affwin
Smart Splitter Manual Weight Log Splitter
£69.95

or what else?
[g]

I bought a hydraulic splitter, and it's about the best tool I ever
bought:

http://www.titan-pro.co.uk/details.aspx?p=64

I reasoned that if I hurt now, aged 51, after a session with the
splitting maul,

do it little and often? build up to what currently constitutes a
"session" rather than full on day "out of the blue"...
It's excellent exercise

then I'll be crippling myself at 61, and incapable at
71.

or a darn sight fitter than you could end up at either ;)

Jim K