Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default wood splitting

On Sep 28, 2:08*pm, robgraham wrote:
On Sep 27, 5:08*pm, NT wrote:

On Sep 27, 2:26*pm, "george [dicegeorge]"
wrote:

wood splitting with an axe can take out your eye,
are either of these 2 products worth having?

http://www.logmatic.co.uk/products.htm
Logmatic 250: 65.00

http://www.tooled-up.com/Smart.aspx?source=affwin
Smart Splitter Manual Weight Log Splitter
69.95

or what else?
[g]

For splitting there is absolutely no competition. A small engine
driving a big flywheel with an axe head on the outer edge of it. Add a
bench to slide the logs across, with a cutout for the axehead. I've
seen this demonstrated, and it splits logs like a knife splits butter,
seriously you can do a log a second effortlessly. Add a barrier so you
cant quite reach the axehead with hands.

NT

I can partly envisage what you are talking about - any idea if a
picture appears on google at all and what search finds it?

Rob

OK belay that - it's answered already !