Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Floor Jack wheel idea

On 2011-09-27, wrote:
On Sep 26, 11:35*pm, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:
I have a 30yo 2-ton Sears floor jack at home. *It's a good one that they
would probably rate higher today. *The problem is that the wheels are SO
noisy while moving it. *I was thinking of painting the wheels with
"Rhino Liner" type urethane material.

Stealth floor jacks now? I really don't care how much noise it makes
when I move it, as long as it DOES move.

[ ... ]

Don't think anyone's
going on 5 mile hikes towing a floor jack.

Depends on how far down the road you get when a universal joint
or a differential fail. :-) Past five miles, you get it towed or pay
someone else to fix it. At five miles, you *might* still want to do it
yourself after that walk. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564