Rick Dipper

Default Secondary consumer unit

You need to turn the power off, probably by pulling the lecie borad fuse.

You then use a connector box (screwfix) to make the meter tails (Screwfix) into a "T" shape, one set to each consumer unit.

You have to be real carefull that you get it right, cause you need the lecie board round to refit the tag on the fuse.

Rick

On 2 Nov 2003 02:13:34 -0800, (Mark) wrote:
Hello,
I want to install a secondary consumer unit so that I can do some
outdoor wiring. I'm happy with the technicalities of how to wire from
the consumer unit.

But,can anyone tell me in practical terms how to connect the secondary
unit to the incoming mains and what parts to use.
I thought I would simply be able run some wires from primary CU to the
secondary by inserting some new wires into the same terminals as the
incoming supply on the primary CU but of course 2 wires this size
won't fit into the terminal holes.

Can I fit a terminal box and tap into the incoming wires?

Any help and advice on what parts to use and buy would be greatly
appreciated.
I am assumming I have to 25mm sq cable for the new consumer unit
incoming supply.

How much would it cost apporxiamtely to get the electricity board to
come and connect the secondary unit?
Thanks.