Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default WTB - Rigging

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .

"ATP" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need some rigging. Particularly, two long nylon straps with sewn
eyes to cradle my boat. About 12' long. Can also use some shorter
ones for logging, about 4-12 ft. And some socketed wire rope chokers
that haven't been crimped 3/8"-1/2" 10'-12'. Shorter ones, too.

A good farm supply will have straps. Then cut to length and take them
to a tent and awning repair shop to sew loops.

I'm allergic to retail. But I do have a walking foot heavy duty sewing
machine, and may look into making my own, as it would make it easier to
make multiple loop, and offset slings.

Steve

Then you'll be able to work like a rigger.

I an Offshore Petroleum Industry, and OSHA certified. But I don't know if
those have expiration dates. In fact, I don't even know where they are.
But I WAS really certified in another life. I am retired now.

Really.

Steve

That's cool. I remember when I was a kid my father went to a military
parachute rigging school. They had some pretty big sewing machines for the
equipment slings.