Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15772 Ignoramus15772 is offline

Default 6 Welders

On 2011-09-27, Winston wrote:
Jon Elson wrote:
On 09/27/2011 06:31 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Major bummer. I wonder what a TIG setup would cost for one...
(none at Weldmart.com, maybe at Stoodyind.com) Cha CHING!

There ought to be a lot of this stuff on eBay. Of course, used TIG
torches may not be the best bargain, plenty of places for hidden
defects. On the other hand, major brands are completely repairable,
a whole page of replacement parts are listed. Torches and coolers
are pretty much all interchangeable.

And if you ask nicely, you can get a good deal
on a nearly-new torch, set aside after someone
upgraded. Around here somewhere (for example)
I have an air-cooled #17 that shipped with my
Maxstar 150. It works great but I like my C&K
Flexhead better.

These welders have a particular control receptacle and do not have a
TIG gas valve, HF or water hookup.

While I, as a seller, can always honestly state "Stick/TIG welder", in
my own mind, the right thing to do with it is to just ise it as a stick
welder. These are kick ass stick welders, compact and powerful.