Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT interesting eBay buyer

Steve B wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
There's mo from the ship-to address, I found them to be Santa Clara
Systems. Which is "... a distributor of factory automation and industrial
controls."

"As wholesale electrical consolidators, Santa Clara Systems maintains an
inventory of new and obsolete parts utilized in all areas of the
manufacturing and industrial sectors."

Fascinating that they would use eBay as a source of so much stuff. On a
one-of basis.

Bob

A friend of mine just retired as an electrician. Someone he knows started a
service called Breaker Broker, IIRC. They will buy any antiquated outdated
breaker that is in very good to new condition. They then resell them to
people who don't want to change a whole panel who have those obsolete or
hard to find (translates $$$$$) breakers.

You'd be amazed at how much a large circuit breaker can sell for, or how
much it costs to the entire panels it's in.

I used to grab the large ones from datacenter rebuilds and sell them on
ebay.