Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Floor Jack wheel idea

On Sep 26, 11:35*pm, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:
I have a 30yo 2-ton Sears floor jack at home. *It's a good one that they
would probably rate higher today. *The problem is that the wheels are SO
noisy while moving it. *I was thinking of painting the wheels with
"Rhino Liner" type urethane material.

Stealth floor jacks now? I really don't care how much noise it makes
when I move it, as long as it DOES move. And the other guy makes a
good point about sliding the thing sideways, I do that al the time to
get it in just the right spot. I had a chink jack that had plastic
wheels that was a lot quieter, too bad the innards didn't stand up. I
think I got my 10 bucks worth out of it, though. Iron wheels just
stand up better and are eaiser to slide on concrete, too bad about the
noise, but that's the least part of its life. Don't think anyone's
going on 5 mile hikes towing a floor jack.

Stan