Jon Endres, PE

Default Bench vise

I bought a white Shop Fox vise, a Record knock-off, from Grizzly. It hasn't
been mounted to a bench yet, but it's solid, has survived a whole year on my
basement floor without rusting, and it has a pop-up dog on the face. Hafta
wait to see how it works when attached to the bench, but I'm confident it's
as good as the expensive ones.

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
Hey, been looking at vises, they sure are proud of 'um. I'm kinda new
at wood butchering.....How do the imports of Taiwan & India stack up?
Hartville has one of each. Leaning towards this one. Anyone ever deal
w/ Hartville?

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product...earch_id=94709