Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default OT Way OT OT Way OT

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 19:48:22 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 16:14:18 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
White Socks 100% Cotton.

I find them to size 13 but after a couple of washings they have shrunk
too far or have holes. So where do I get some bigger ones? Size 13
seems to be the biggest size.

Have to be 100% cotton and White in color. Can't do tube socks and
colors make my feet break out or worse.

Bob AZ

Just keep looking. I found the upto 13s to be a little tight myself. Every
once in a while I'll find some 9-14 or 10-15, and I'll buy every pair they
have on the shelf... or atleast every pair I can afford at the moment. I've
noticed the last couple years they are harder to find. Probably one of
those economic backlash things where stores are stocking less selection and
or mfgs are providing a narrower selection.

My problem is hats. I used to be able to find a basic baseball cap in
a large enough size. Only place I can find one now is at a flea market
that has real old ones.

I wear a straw hat all summer. I can find the XXL in Florida if I look
in several stores but no chance up nort'.

I wear a carhart hat all winter. I can wear their largest one. At
first its so tight I can't close my eyes. When my better half says its
too dirty I get another cause washing shrinks it.

You're better off being big foot than fat head.

karl

I'm OK for socks and hats (seldom wear a hat but do have a straw hat
for summer sunshine - it has no band to restrict size, just a loop of
twine around the outside), my problem is shirts. My neck size is 23"
which only comes with a chest size approaching 60" as opposed to my
44". Thankfully I had the local tailor set me up with a couple dress
shirts before he retired at 90 years of age. Any sport shirt that fits
decently has to have the collar and next button down left open.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada