Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21395 Ignoramus21395 is offline

Default OT interesting eBay buyer

On 2011-09-27, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 19:15:54 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

I just sold something on eBay & looked at the buyer's feedback. It's
very good - 12,000 positive in the last 12 months, no negs. 78,000
received since '02. Here's the interesting part: "he" was the buyer in
all cases! 12,000 buys in the last year - 1000 a month. I can see a
seller of cheap stuff doing a 1000 a month, but a buyer doing it
surprised me.

I spot checked the items - almost all industrial controls. It must be a
whole purchasing dept of a large company. But large co's usually go
through distributors where they can order what they want (what the
engineer says is needed), not search for it on eBay.

Interesting. I wonder if there is very much of this going on.

Bob

Yes indeed. Which is why when the economy finally recovers in 3-5
yrs...or starts to anyways..there will be people who have locks on many
industrial devices. Same way with Hummel figurines and so forth.

Now is an AWESOME time to deal in surplus equipment... like shooting
fish in a barrel...