Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT interesting eBay buyer

I just sold something on eBay & looked at the buyer's feedback. It's
very good - 12,000 positive in the last 12 months, no negs. 78,000
received since '02. Here's the interesting part: "he" was the buyer in
all cases! 12,000 buys in the last year - 1000 a month. I can see a
seller of cheap stuff doing a 1000 a month, but a buyer doing it
surprised me.

I spot checked the items - almost all industrial controls. It must be a
whole purchasing dept of a large company. But large co's usually go
through distributors where they can order what they want (what the
engineer says is needed), not search for it on eBay.

Interesting. I wonder if there is very much of this going on.

Bob