Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Way OT OT Way OT SOCKS

From another list:
==================

Get he, his wife or someone else to darn him some white
cotton socks.
I'm certain there has to be white cotton yarn out there
somewhere.

He could also go sockless or barefoot. Not knowing if he
works or not.
That is something only he could figure out.

I used to get size 13 cotton socks at an Army/Navy surplus
place. Seemed
all of them up in the Indianapolis, In area stocked them.
One bad thing
though. The cuffs were usually red. Pulling them over the
feet fast,
might negate any foot problems.

There are specialty shoe stores, where most of the shoes and
boots are
sold by prescription. They might be able to help him find
the right socks.

Lastly and he probably has already done this, is to go to a
very good
foot doctor and an allergist. Try to find out why his feet
only, seem to
be allergic to anything but cotton. Could be his system is
out of whack.

Now, one thing I am thinking of. He has this problem now. If
he is into
prepping. He might want to think about buying a couple
hundred pair of
the right socks, once he has tried a couple of pair out.

Just ran a search on Google and found some links that might
help him:
http://www.sockbroker.com/wondertop.htm scroll down a
bit
http://www.nextag.com/100-cotton-sock/stores-html right
at the top

My search terms for the above links we "size 15 all
cotton white
socks" without the quotes.

Tell him no thanks are needed. I did notice that these socks
were
advertised as diabetic socks. So that might be another term
he could
search under. There is a possibility that these socks can be
taken off
his taxes under medical expenses. Ditto with his $100,000+
in medical
bills so far. or was that hundreds of dollars. He wasn't too
clear on
that part.

From one diabetic to maybe another diabetic. I wonder if
his blood
sugar has ever been tested or an A1c test administered.