Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Recommendations for a spring-loader center punch

"Robert Green" wrote

In Finland e.g. yearly over 50 accidents occur while driving over ice
that is too thin to support the car.

That will put you in a bad situation very quickly.

The temperature of the water is the critical thing. There's a HUGE
difference between cool water and very cold water when it hits you all at
once.

DON'T FORGET TO EXHALE SLIGHTLY ON THE WAY TO THE SURFACE, or you'll die
from an air embolism rather than drowning.

From that shallow a depth? (I am assuming 10' feet but 5' could cover a
car.

You can embolize in three feet of water. Ever see someone breathing through
a reed to escape the bad guys? Go sit in your pool with a hollow rod until
the top of your head is under water. Now try to breathe. You can't do it.

What do commercial divers do? (pardon my ignorance) Bridge support
inspection? Ship repair? Offshore oil rig work?

All of the above. Ship inspection. Laying pipelines. Inspecting behind
other companies to assure things are right. Setting explosives. Sometimes
as simple as cutting ropes out of propellers or hooking on to something
someone's dropped overboard. Like a car or a forklift. Or hundreds of
lengths of drill pipe.

--
Bobby G.

Steve