Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default : Refridgeration compressor question...

"jim" "sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net wrote in message
.. .

Dennis wrote:

When I tried to restart the motor it was with the intake & exhaust both
open
to ambient atmospheric pressure. Is there pressure internally that needs
bleed back or something to reduce the required starting torque?

It sounds like problem is the pump doesn't know what you are doing.
It is designed to pause before it can restart to allow pressure
to drain. It doesn't actually measure pressure. It is a timed delay.

-jim

Yep - took the cover off and found a device marked QP2-33. Its a positive
tempco resistor. It has a 100 second reset time after starting the motor.

I wonder if these compressors will run continuous (ie an hour at a time)
without issue while pulling a good vacuum?

Thanks for all the replies gents.