Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DougC DougC is offline

Default OT Way OT OT Way OT

On 9/25/2011 5:33 PM, Bob AZ wrote:
White Socks 100% Cotton.

I find them to size 13 but after a couple of washings they have shrunk
too far or have holes. So where do I get some bigger ones? Size 13
seems to be the biggest size.

Have to be 100% cotton and White in color. Can't do tube socks and
colors make my feet break out or worse.

Bob AZ

When it comes to socks, cotton is terrible. Get yourself some synthetic
socks. They will cost 2-3X but they will not shrink, plus they will
cusion your feet much better, greatly decrease the chances of foot
fungus issues and they will last considerably longer also.

Don't buy them locally, they charge way too much and don't have large
sizes. Try online (I like Zappos.com, but there are other places)

Also (related) don't ever buy the huge puffy "rag" socks, if they are
made of cotton, or anything else. They do not hold together as the weave
is too loose. They will fall apart after only a few washings, if they
cost $5 or $25 a pair. You should ONLY ever buy tightly-woven socks, and
NEVER buy any socks with any cotton in them at all.