Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] aasberry@aol.com is offline

Default Drilling set screw

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:32:18 -0500, DanG wrote:

If there is any way to get the correct bit in a hand operated impact
tool, it would allow a quick tighten and loosen movement on the set
screw. A tool like this:
http://www.lislecorp.com/divisions/p...s/?product=151

I know you can get a 3/8 socket drive Allen bit which can be driven by
the tool.

That is what I've been using. Mine is a little more heavy duty; 1/2"
drive. Of course, I have to use a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer so I may be
losing some torque in the extra joint. I'm twisting the barrel in the
pre-loaded direction. The allen size is 5/32 so I can't get too heavy
handed.

I went out earlier and heated them; waited until they cooled and
smacked them again. No joy. They are now soaking in PB Blaster again.

If they are not loosened by towmorrow, I'll start drilling again.

Thanks for all the suggestions.